PUBLICATIONS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS
1. Ngaga, Y.M. and B. Solberg. 2007. Assessing the Suitability of Partial Equilibrium Modelling in Analyzing the Forest Sector of Developing Countries: Methodological Aspects with Reference to Tanzania. Tanzania Journal of Forestry and Nature Conservation. Vol. 76: 11-27.
2. Kingazi, S.P., Y.M. Ngaga and C.E. Savy, 2007. Joint Forest Management in chome Catchment Forest reserves, Tanzania: The Role of socio-economic, Ecological and Institutional Factors in Determing Sustainable Forest Conservation. Tanzania Journal of Forestry and Nature Conservation. Vol. 76: 1- 10.
3. Munyanziza, E. and Y.M. Ngaga, 2007. Survey of edible mushrooms of the miombo woodlands through economic incentives in two selected villages, Iringa Tanzania. – (to be published by the Discovery and Innovations Journal Vol. 18(4): 304 -310.
4. Nduwayezu, J.B., S.A.O. Chamshama, A.G. Mugasha, Y.M. Ngaga, E.B. Khonga, & R.G. Chabo. 2007. Comparisons in seed kernel sizes and early growth of different Moringa oleifera provenances in South East Botswana. Discovery & Innovation Journal 19 (vol 1 & 2): 52-58.
5. Abdallah, J.M, B. Mbilinyi, Y.M. Ngaga and A. OKtingáti, 2007. Impact of flue-cured Virginia on miombo woodland. A case of small –scale fule-cured Virginia production in Iringa region, Tanzania. Discovery & Innovation Journal 19: 92-106.
6. Gausset, Q., J. F. Lund, I. Theilade, I. Nathan, H. Hansen, A. G. Mugasha, Y. M. Ngaga, S. K. Andersen and S. T. Nielsen, 2007. Why Combine Private and Communal Trees Management? A case study based in Majawanga (Gairo, Tanzania). The TES Journal, Vol. 6 No. 1 (http://www.journal-tes.dk/).
7. Kweka A E., W.S. Abeli, Z. M. Mganilwa, Y. M. Ngaga and Hosea Elia. 2007.Assessment and comparison of sawyers’ productivity of two log-sawing methods used in agroforestry farms on the southern slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. Journal of the Tanzania Association of Foresters, Vol. 11: 87-95.
8. Kweka, A. E., Abeli, W. S., Ngaga, Y. M., Mganilwa, Z. M., Mbogho, A. and Hosea, 2007. E. Effects of Traditional Timber Trees Harvesting Techniques on Profitability of Agroforestry Farms on in Northern Highlands, Tanzania. Journal of the Tanzania Association of Foresters, Vol. 11: 150-158.
9. Danielsen F., N.D. Burgess, A. Balmford, P.F. Donald, M. Funder, J. Jones, P. Alviolq, D. S. Balete, T. Blomley, J. Brashares, B. Child, M. Enghoff, J. Fjeldsa, S. Holt, H. Hebertz, A. Jensen, P. Jensen, J. Massao, M. M. Mendoza, Y. M. Ngaga, M. Paulsen, R. Rueda, M. Sam, T. Skielboe, G. Stuat-Hill, E. Topp-Jorgensen and A.D. Yonten. 2008. Local Participation in Natural resource Monitoring: A Characterization of Approaches. Conservation Biology, Vol. 23, No.1: 31-42.
10 Kimaro, A.A., V. R. Timmer, S.A.O. Chamshama, Y. M. Ngaga and D. A. Kimaro, 2009. Competition between maize and pigeonpeas in semi-arid Tanzania: Effects on yield and nutrition of crops. Agric. Ecosyst. Environ. 134: 115 – 125.
11.Kweka, A. E., Y. M. Ngaga, Abeli, W. S., Mganilwa, Z. M., F. Ndungulile and A. Mbogho, 2010. Coffer Arabica Yield Losses through Grevillea Robusta Felling in Kilimanjaro Homegardens. Discovery and Innovations Journal, Volume 22.
12.Kweka, A. E., Y. M. Ngaga, D. Gasper, P. Renatus and C. Protus, 2010. Quandaries of Timber Production and Trade in Agroforestry Zone of Northern Highlands Tanzania. Discovery and Innovations Journal, Volume 22.
13.Musamba, E. B., Y. M. Ngaga, E. K. Boon and R. A. Giliba, 2011. Impact of Socio-economic Activities around Lake Victoria: Land Use Changes in Musoma Municipality, Tanzania. J. Hum. Ecol, 35(3): 143 – 154.
14.Musamba, E. B., Y. M. Ngaga, E. K. Boon and R. A. Giliba, A. Sirima and L.I. Chirenje, 2011. Economics of Water in Paddy and Non Paddy Crop Production around Kilombero Valley Ramsar Site, Tanzania: Productivity, Costs, Returns and Implications to Poverty reduction. J. Agri Sci, 2(1): 17 – 27.
15.Lalika, M. C.S., Meirea, P., Ngaga, Y. M. and Ngowi, S.E. 2013. Analysing Ecosystem Services at Watershed Scale: Implications for Conservation in Upper Kikuletwa Sub-Catchment, Tanzania. Proceedings of the Summer School Workshop, 4th - 12th MRCH 2013, Khartoum/El-Obeid, Sudan. "Welcome to Africa Programme". Scientific Cooperation Network on Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Africa.. Pp 204 - 223.
16.Lalika, M.C.S., Meire, P. and Y.M. Ngaga. 2015a. Exploring watershed conservation and water governance along the Pangani River Basin, Tanzania. Land Use Policy, 48:351-361.
17.Lalika, M.C.S., Y.M. Ngaga and Chang'a L. 2015b. Watershed dynamics and climate change and climare variability along Pangani River Basin, Tanzania. Ecohydrology and Hydrobiology, 15 (1): 26 – 38.
18.Lalika, M.C.S., Meire, P. and Y.M. Ngaga. Can irrigated agriculture work as adaptation strategy in climate stressed environment? Empirical evidence from PanganiRiver Basin Tanzania. Land Use Policy (revised and submitted).
19.Lalika, M.C.S.,Meire., P. Ngaga, Y. M. and Sanga, G.J. Willingness to Pay for Watershed Conservation: Are we applying the right paradigm? Ecohydrology and Hydrobiology,(Revised and submitted).
20.Funder, M., F. Danielsen, Y. M. Ngaga, M. R. Nielsen and M. K. Paulsen, (in press). The social dynamics of participatory monitoring in Tanzania’s community managed forests. Journal of Conservation and Society.
21. M. Schaafsma, S. Morse-Jones, P. Posen, R.D. Swetnam, A. Balmford, I. J. Bateman, N. D. Burgess, S. A. O. Chamshama, B. Fisher, R. E. Green, A. S. Hepelwa, A. Hernandez-Sirvent, G. C. Kajembe, K. Kulindwa, J. F. Lund, L. Mbwambo, H. Meilby, Y. M. Ngaga, I. Thelade, T. Treue, V. G. Vyamana and R. K. Turner. 2012 (in press). Torwards transferable functions for extraction of non-timber forest products: A case study on charcoal production in Tanzania. J. of Ecological Economics
22. Ezekiel, E., S. A. O. Chamshama, Y. M. Ngaga and M. A. Mndolwa, 2012 (in press). Effects of specing and cutting management on survival, growth and biomass production of Moringa oleifera intercropped with maize on-farm at Gairo inland plateau, Morogoro in Tanzania. Greener Journal of Agricultural Science.
23. Musamba, E. B., Y. M. Ngaga, E. K. Boon and R. A. Giliba and Tulamwona Dumulinyi, 2011. The Recreation Value of Wetlands: A Case of Lake Victoria in Musoma Municipality, Tanzania.
24. Lalika, M.C.S.,Meire., P. and Ngaga, Y. M. (2015). Paying to Conserve Watershed Services in Pangani River Basin Tanzania. In: Hipel, K, W, Fang, L., Cullmann, J. and Bristow, M. (eds.). "Conflict Resolution in Water Resources and Environmental Management". Springer (Heidelberg). Germany. ISBN 978-3-319-14214-2
25. Lalika, M.C.S., de Deckere, E. & Ngaga, Y.M. (2011). Payment for Water Services as Basis for Natural Resource Management: Experience from Pangani Basin Tanzania. In: (Editors Anderson K., Okeyo-Owur, J.B. andHezron, M.), Towards Implementation of Payment for Environmental Services (PES). BOD Publishers, London. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller GmbH & Co. KG, Saarbrücken, Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-35888-9. 404p.